Named GP for patients over 75’s
This will be a requirement for practices from April 2014, as part of the contract change for 2014 – 2015 for General Practitioners
Practices will need to ensure that each patient on their practice list aged 75 and over is assigned a named, accountable GP who will;
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required under the contract with the practice are delivered to the patient
- Where required, based on the professional judgement of the named GP, work with relevant associated health and social care professionals to deliver a multidisciplinary care package that meets the needs of the patient
- Ensure that the physical and psychological needs of the patient are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice
- Ensure that the patient has access to an over 75’s health check if they request one
The ‘Named GP’ will not be responsible for;
- Liability for the work of other doctors or health professionals.
- 24 hour responsibility for the patient
- Personal availability throughout the working week.
- Be the only GP to care to that patient.
This will not affect your ability to consult with any GP or nurse at the practice.
Named Accountable GP for all Patients
As a patient of this practice you will have Dr M Deverell as your named GP and he will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery will provide you.
The named accountable GP will take lead responsibility for the coordination of all services required under the contract and ensure they are delivered to each of his patients where required.
This arrangement does not prevent you from making an appointment or seeing any doctor or nurse in the surgery.